The goal of the Minocqua Police Department Ride-Along program is to honor "ride along" requests from individuals having a legitimate interest in personally observing police patrol operations. The purpose of the program is to provide an educational experience to those desiring a career in law enforcement, to promote positive community relations, and to serve as a recruitment tool for the Minocqua Police Department.
The Ride-Along Program has established criteria to determine eligibility, and will delineate the duties and responsibilities of officers and citizens involved in the program.
Eligibility Requirements for Ride-Alongs:
1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
2. Must submit a written request to the Lieutenant of Police outlining the reasons they wish to participate in the Ride Along Program.
3. Must complete and sign the Ride-Along Application/Waiver Form (Release of Liability and Rules of Conduct). Ride-Along Applications/Waiver Forms not filled out in their entirety will not be approved.
Length of Shift for Ride-Alongs:
1. Participants in the program will normally ride up to four (4) hours.
2. Elected town officials, police officers from other agencies, and spouse/significant other of the officer, may, at the officer's discretion, ride for longer periods of time.
If you are interested in participating in the Minocqua Police Department Ride-Along Program please fill out the Ride-Along Application/Waiver Form and submit it to Lieutenant David Jaeger. After review of the Ride-Along Application/Waiver Form, you will be contacted on whether your participation in the Ride-Along Program has been approved or denied. If you have been approved to participate in the Ride-Along Program, a date and time will be set up at that time.
Thank you for your interest in the Minocqua Police Department.
Lt. David Jaeger