March 15, 2020
Re: Press Release
Vehicle Pursuit, Minocqua WI, 54548
On March 15, 2020 at approximately 3:11AM, Officers attempted to perform a traffic stop on a white Ford F-150 for operating without its headlamps activated. The driver of the F-150 chose not to stop for law enforcement and attempted to elude officers. Following a short pursuit, the vehicle failed to navigate a left turn onto ST Highway 70W from US HWY 51 and crashed into a tree. Officers were able to take the driver into custody without further incident.
The driver of the vehicle, Eric S. Negri, of Minocqua, was booked into the Oneida County Jail for the following charges:
- Vehicle Operator Flee/Elude Officers
- Operating under the influence (5th Offense)
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Schedule II narcotic without a prescription
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Bail Jumping (Misdemeanor)
- Multiple traffic related citations
The Minocqua Police Department was assisted by the following agencies: Woodruff Police Department and Oneida County EMS – Medic 5.
David J Jaeger, Chief of Police